Please login or register!
Please login or register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#1 Avatar Roleplay Server. Come Join Us!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New RP app format sugguestion!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Knight_Warrior7
Beginner Bender
Knight_Warrior7

New RP app format sugguestion! Empty
PostSubject: New RP app format sugguestion!   New RP app format sugguestion! EmptyThu 26 Dec 2013, 03:04

New RP app Format Segguestion

Minecraft Account Name:

Time-Zone/Country of Residence:

What do you know about Roleplaying? Give a definition of what it means to you:

In your own Words, define what the act of Meta-Gaming is:

In your own Words, define what the act of Power-Gaming is:

Have you read, understood, and agreed to the rules?:

Do you promise to abide by said rules, This includes the Server, and Forums:

How much do you know about  the Avatar Series?:

What is your characters name,and age?:

What nation is your character apart of?:

Biography (Please make this at least 2 paragraphs long. This must include the history of your character and his life):

Personality:

Insert and image of your minecraft skin here! (A screen shot in F5 mode NOT the actual skin!):

Most of the time the applicants fail to describe the personality of the RP character and there appearance. Making there biography , personality and appearance together into to paragraphs doesn't give as much detail as making the applicants do two paragraphs only for the history. The players that are willing to right two paragraphs for there bio/history ( which is still a little amount) definitely would be better RP'ers than the people only willing to do two paragraphs on the biography, personality, and appearance.
Back to top Go down
Luzcifer
Owner
Owner
Luzcifer

PostSubject: Re: New RP app format sugguestion!   New RP app format sugguestion! EmptySun 29 Dec 2013, 12:01

I see your point about people not making their bios detailed enough and I totally agree with you. However I think a bigger problem is people making their character too powerful. Most people describe power-gaming correctly but then in their bio use power-gaming for their character. Once example of this is: Novice bender easily beats his/her master. This would be rather unrealistic, how can someone who has only just learned the basics of bending beat someone who has had a lot more experience?

Another problem I also see a lot is people making their applications very clichéd. Examples of this: My family was killed in cold blood, my character turned out to be Fire/Water/Earth/Air bending prodigy at a really young age, my character lives in the slums of a city but one day a rich lord gave him lots of money and adopted him.

All those examples are so common and so boring to read through (and rp through, trust me I tried, its super boring after a while). These clichés also allow no character depth or `surprises` with these character, as a set path is already established. If you know exactly what you are gonna do/be what's the point of even role-playing.

Thats just my 2 cents on the topic. I will talk to our head of app team about putting a disclaimer thing at the bottom of the application template though, to remind people that we want good content and not some rubbish 10 minute work.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/lukaskristen
Knight_Warrior7
Beginner Bender
Knight_Warrior7

PostSubject: Re: New RP app format sugguestion!   New RP app format sugguestion! EmptySun 29 Dec 2013, 13:58

That's true as well, maybe you should add another topic, Role-play application guidelines. That should state what can,can't, and needs be done in an RP application. Examples:
-Your character cannot be Mary Sue, as in being perfect.
-No double bending abilities

I've been reading all of the white-list applications recently and I have been noticing that some applicants have been using anime character names as the names for the role-playing character, which isn't creative at all and should also be in the Role-play application guidelines. In the avatar world there names aren't random anime character names. For example the Fire nation names, Their names are typically Japanese-influenced, with vowel sounds ALWAYS following consonant sounds. Unlike Japanese, they have the "L" "x" and "Zh" sound mixed into their nomenclature. Examples of Fire Nation names are:Hirako, Misaru, Kohaku, Jingo, Arin.
Back to top Go down
Kurruk
Non Bender
Kurruk

PostSubject: Re: New RP app format sugguestion!   New RP app format sugguestion! EmptyWed 13 Aug 2014, 03:07

where do i post my application?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New RP app format sugguestion!   New RP app format sugguestion! Empty

Back to top Go down

New RP app format sugguestion!
Page 1 of 1